I have often pondered if my beloved cat, Sienna had any sort of mental deficiency. Perhaps it had to do with a traumatic past, as hers was less than pleasant. The feisty feline often finds herself locked in cupboards, fridges and empty rooms. She sleeps on doorframes and licks windows. She ineffectively tries to hide in my jumpers, whilst I am wearing them might I add, and I am fair sure that the amount of fur she sheds is borderline demonic. Or perhaps godly, whichever one involves more fur.
This instance is just one of many a strange happenings in which she is given the lead role.
Now, I live by my lonesome, so I tend to shower with the door open, so the tiny mirrors in my bathroom don’t fog up. Why? Because I am a woman, I don’t need logic, in fact I probably function better without it. The presence of sense or logical/tactical planning and actions would more than likely cause my meek brain to spontaneously combust. When showering I hear Sienna meowing, with a rather pathetic tone of despair upon her vocal chords.

So, I peered out from my tasteless heart covered shower curtain to see her teetering on the edge of the bath, looking up at me with sad doe eyes. I pushed her off and continued my daily ritual of cleaning away the dirt that had decided to stick ever so stubbornly to my skin. Again, I hear her meowing, so I pull the curtain to the side expecting to push her off or away from the steaming cascade of water.
Boy was I wrong.
She had chosen to fling her furry body into my wet unclothed one, perhaps in an attempt to comfort herself, or annoy me. Perhaps she was just curious about the water coming from the showerhead. Who knows, all I knew is that I was wet, naked and had a now wet and furry cat in my arms.
I’d just like to point out that it is a rather unnerving and uncomfortable feeling to be pelted in the back by water, whilst holding a shivering cat, who could potentially snap at any second and claw little tiny holes into my delicate meaty skin.
After what seemed like an eternity, but was more than likely a few seconds, she had chosen to jump down from my arms, and instead of fleeing from the room she chose to sit at the opposite end of the bath, staring at me and expecting me to do something.
She looked like a sad, drowned rat.
What am I? Some sort of miracle worker? Do I snap my fingers and she becomes dry? No, no I am not a miracle worker, if I was I certainly wouldn’t b
e standing there naked in a bath with my pet cat. Then again I am a bit of an oddball and such a thing might just occur even if I did have miracle like powers.
I finished bathing, dried off, got dressed then attempted to towel off my cat. Who was more than appreciative.
To this day, I still do not know why she decided to join me in the shower, but now, whenever I step into the cleansing waters and I hear her the eerie echoing cries I choose to leave the shower curtain safely closed.
One day, I know she will figure out that she can easily pass through said curtain, I dare not think about such a dark day. For now, all I can do is shower in cautious optimism in hopes that such a day will never come.

O.o
ReplyDeletelol your cat sounds interesting
ReplyDeleteThat she is.
ReplyDeleteIf I had another 9 of them I could be considered a crazy cat lady.
hahah very entertaining.. silly cat!
ReplyDeletePoor cat >_>
ReplyDelete@iammyself
ReplyDeleteThat she is
@Sebastian
She's the one that jumped in the shower not me
@Stav880s
Thanks man, appreciated.
Interesting cat you've got :P
ReplyDeleteShe's a ball o fun
ReplyDelete> @Sebastian
ReplyDeleteShe's the one that jumped in the shower not me
Technically you /did/ jump in the shower ;P
Touche' although I didn't jump into it I more so cautiously stepped/tripped into it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteVery interesting read!
ReplyDeletelol, love it :) thanks for visiting my blog!
ReplyDelete@The informant
ReplyDeleteThanks
@Blogster
Your welcome :D