Monday, August 10, 2009

Beta Game Tester- Dream jobs suck.

In reality, I am exhausted, tired, weary, dead.

Yet I told myself I would churn out an attempted post every day. Originally I figured I wouldn't 'blog' Unless I had anything interesting to actually type about. At the moment I don't. The only thing I can really think of is holding my Fiance' who resides in America.

Crazy man, sittin' there playing games, and getting paid for it. A seemingly dream job of sorts, yet I rarely hear any highlights from him about the so-called 'perks' of his job. I sat there and asked him his opinion of the job.

With a flick of his wild golden hair and a blink of his weary blue eyes he offhandedly said, "I don't like my job very much."

What is his job exactly?

A Beta game tester. Not one of those freelance ones, but an actual hired one, working for a business.

He leads the department which means he is the one that has to go over and edit everything the little croonies mess up. The bandwagon of high school drop outs who churn out a poorly written review on such games as 'Devil May Cry.' With countless typos and overuse of internet lingo ush as LOL, WTF, STFU etc. etc.

It's his job to make sure all the beta copies of the game are safetly returned to the bosom of their creator. He states that the job has 'ruined games for him' as he can sit there and point out any flaws the game may have during game play.

This journal doesn't really serve a point except maybe giving a little more insight into the tedious world of Beta game testers.


By the way....I hate Internet crap like STFU LOL WTF etc.
Shorthand writers, who type;

h8 hi how r u etc.

STOP RUINING OUR LANGUAGE!

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I can agree to a degree with this. I do hate people who cannot spell out words as well as grammatical errors. I am not completely against the lols and wtfs. I do think they are gettting to a point where they are being overly used but I do not have an issue with the phrases themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shado
    I agree, in moderation they're fine but seriously...enough is enough

    @Vish
    I gotta job Mr spammer~ :P

    ReplyDelete