Today, as I was collecting the post for my work, I walked past a group of pidgeons, now these pidgeons were happily pecking away at some bread crumbs outside of the bakery. Just mindin' their own pidgeony business.
Too bad they were in the way, I tried to step over them and make noises to get them to move, but the darn things didn't budge. They were either too stubborn, too lazy or just plain hungry. So here I am balancing newspapers and letters in one hand and milk in the other trying to slowly edge my way around the little flying critters, cause even though they're annoying little buggers I didn't want to hurt them.
Too bad I'm not as gracefull as I like to think, I ended up stepping on the tail of one of them,I freaked and jumped off immediately yelling "Oh no! I'm sorry!"
People who passed me by gave me weird looks, here is this girl, balancing various items on her shoulders screaming apologies at pidgeons. So, I'm not suprised, I ignored the passerbys and just HAD to make sure the pidgeon was ok.
It was fine, it looks as though it didn't even realize I stepped on it, so I gave a small sigh and made my journey back to work.
However...behind me I hear a slight "coo....coo..."
I ignore it and hasten my pace, the noise gets louder, "COO...COO!" I turn around and there are about four pidgeons following me, I wave my hand, dropping the newspaper as I said once again, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to step on you, I have no food!"
I honestly don't think Pidgeons can understand us, and if they can the bastards are playing dumb, for the pidgeons jumped on my newspaper, so I slowly tried to slide it out from underneath them, all the while getting gawked at by people who just so happen to pass me by and catch sight of my unusual daily antics. I managed to retrieve the paper and get back to work.
Now I am sitting here, typing this, and I swear I can still hear the faint, distant 'cooing' of the pidgeons.
On a completely different note I'm gonna try real hard like to make one post everyday, or have at least 30 posts for November.
I decided to set myself three little Blogger goals to accomplish by the end of this month
1-get 15-20 Followers on my blog
2- make a post a day
3- Slightly change the scheme of it to make it more bright and colourful
Do any of you have any little Blogger goals?

Hey Tiff (I'm assuming thats actualy your name?)
ReplyDeleteI don't think Pigeon has a D in it unless you're talking about the actor Walter Pidgeon. I'm just sayin'...
Nice blog!!! I'll follow you... just promise you won't step on my tail!
Cooo Cooo ca chew.
Ah yeah gotta love thoses typos, then again I could always just say that I was talking about little miniature Walter Pidgeon Pigeons.
ReplyDeleteLet's just say he had one wild night and did some stuff that he will always regret.
Thanks for the watch, if I do step on your tail I'll flail about and scream "KAKAW KAKAW"
lol there is an episode of an older show I used to watch where one of the characters tries to figure out why the pidgeons do not disperse when he gets closer at a park. He tries to scare them off and ends up stepping on one. Those pidgeons are plotting creatures looking for a reason to lash put on mankind
ReplyDeletegood luck on the blogging goals!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to post every day too, but so far I'm doing well :)
all the rest, well no goals, but I'm kinda curious when I'll hit 1000 followers haha! we'll see...
loves
@SHado
ReplyDeletewow that sounds awesome you'll have to tell me the name of the show sometime
@Toothfairy
1,000 followers wow, I don't think I'd ever get that far, I'm happy with what I got really~
Good luck