Friday, October 23, 2009

Rambles of young hearts

Blueberry

I sit here at my desk, struggling to find actual work to do, today is a quiet day for Real Estae, at least for this little cozy company anyway. The odd call that has come through has either been a wrong number, or has been easily dealt with. Speaking of numbers, I need one more follower to have an almighty ten, yay me!


So, as per usual my mind begins to wander. I love my job I really do, the people here are great, and its a very relaxed and comfortable environment, how many people can say that their boss cooks barbecues for the staff?

But, at the same time, I guess I kinda hate it, not because of the work, frankly I like keeping myself occupied. I just feel a little restrained sometimes, I used to always imagine myself never being tied down by a job, always traveling, always moving, breezing through life like the wind that echoes through my soul.


I have always wanted to be two things when I was a young child, a famous adventurer and a writer, I still write, I love writing and it is one of my passions. I want to publish a novel one day, and am working on quite a few stories. I also look at the world from different points of views, outside the box so to speak.


Even now, people always tell me that I have the mind of a child, I look up at the clouds, and wonder if they really are made of cotton candy, I skip down the street humming songs to myself and I jump in puddles on a rainy day, without a care in the world.

I'd happily smile and greet anyone who crossed my path, I play in the dirt and make mud pies, I wish on stars and believe in magic, especially in a young girls heart.

The world was such a mystery to me when I was younger, everything was magicall and mystifying. I have always been scared that that amazing awe, that wonderous feeling would disappear over time, but it still hasn't. Those moments may not come as often, and that magic may just be a little harder to find, but all I have to do is lift up that rock and look under it.

There is a whole world out there, full of magic, whimsy and wonder, but people forget that.


Why can't we press our ears against a tree and listen to its whispers?


Why can't we look for fairy's in a fairy ring of mushrooms and toadstools?


Why can't we hide under the covers at night to keep us safe from any sort of harm?


I still do all those things from time to time, as we grow older, people tend to concentrate on other things, work, money, homes, family, the future...but they really need to focus on the here and now. We need to open our eyes and see what is in front of us.

Look out your window and watch the leaves rustle in the wind, it might be fairies playing hide and seek. Or the clouds slowly drift by as though pulled by an almighty dragon. Sing a song to yourself without worrying about what others think.

fairy Pictures, Images and Photos

I for one will continue to do the things I have always done as a child, I will still believe that worms talk, I will still dance around barefoot in the garden waiting for the faires to whisk me away to their world. I will still look for mermaids and dragons, and I will still wish on the first star I see tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this post!
    Lovely attitude!
    I think everyone always has a bit of youth inside of them, it's just whether or not they let it free!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of truths in this entry. Too many people are too caught up in their hectic lives that they cannot stop, breath, and take a look around for a second. Life is only as hard as you want it to be and, if you make an attempt, it can be plenty of fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Loz
    Thanks~

    @Shado
    Exactly, its probaly why my life is fairly easy most of the time, I try not to focus on the bas things in it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you! I don't care if ppl say you're supposed to stop looking for the rainbows...if you don't look, you'll certainly never see them, right?
    I hope you NEVER lose that inner-child...it's what creates magic out of everyday life.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete