1 - People are scavengers, not saying in a bad way though, when there are tasty treats placed out to eat they will disappear within a matter of minutes, or if the average worker isn't all that hungry, in a matter of a few hours.
2 - Humour is something that is truly needed, if you don't have a good sense of it don't bother working in an office, in fact, don't bother leaving your house, don't watch TV or the news, don't read any books that offer more advice than eating green eggs and ham in a boat.
3 - No matter what the weather is like outside, it is always a comfy temperature in the office, that's right cool as a cucumber. *pulls out surfy dude motion thing*
4 - DISHES there are lots of them
Finally, 5- PENS...
That's right pens, if I have learnt one thing working here it is to safeguard your pen with your very life, and if you are unable to do that, bring an army of pen soilders, green, red, blue, black. No matter the colour, you'll need them at some point.
Pens tend to go missing quite a lot around here, oh yes we joke about the pen thieves and we all have a jolly good laugh. But secretly, we are all very wary of each other. With the shifty eyes that go <.< >.> and the quick darty movements we make as we swipe pens away from our co-workers. It is truly a grim battlefield.
I'm sure it would be the same at any workplace, if you peer through the shiny happy-go-lucky exterior and the friendly faces you'll unviel the mask and see with clear eyes, the sullen faces of weary workers. Whom have not slept in days, nor eaten in months as they ravage to protect what little pens they have left.
Now me, I am quite comfortable with my supply of six...err....five pens. I got two awesome Game Trader ones which I grabbed from Tony, who runs the Game Traders (IT SELLS GAMES) store nearby. Oh yes, I also have two red ones and a blue one.
The blue one, is a bit of a trickster, I originally had a piece of sticky tape stuck to it with "Tiffany's Pen" The pens name is Peter 'On Nettleham the 3rd But to keep it simple we'll just call him P.E.N. Now Pen went missing, and minutes later was returned with a small message taped to his side that read 'Sorry I stole your Pen, *name*'(name ommitted for privacy cause I am a good girl~) I found this very amusing.
Probably a lot more amusing than a normal person would, so I replied with 'Stop stealing my pen!' written messily in red because red means GRR. The next day P.E.N went missing again, only to return with another message inscribed on his once pure sleek form, "I can't help it" It read.
So in another red fit of redness I scrawled back "FIND YOUR OWN."
...Pen has yet to go missing again.
Although i am sure he went missing once, he just has yet to recieve a tattoo from his other user, Darn P.E.N pimpin' himself out to whatever hand choose sto touch him.
I'm waiting for that other message to appear, for another tattoo to be added to his hard plastic casing.
I took a picture of P.E.N MARVELL AT HIM

Never did I think I'd stumble across a blog predominately about a P.E.N that would be quirky and funny, but also very true.
ReplyDeleteA great read - I'm glad that I originally started this cyber trek to plug my own blog!
Lol the profession of pen theif is a fun one. It tests your wits while making another suffer through lacking that pen they love to use. The sorrow shown on their face only permits more satisfaction and pleasure as you smirk and place the pen in your pocket, while pulling one you stole from another in the the class you just got out of. Nobody ever finds out but they begin to become more suspicious of those around them and they become sleep deprived and more fearful to part with the next one they bring with them for fear of it being carried away like the rest of them.
ReplyDeletelol j/k :P I usually come prepared but this used to happen to me and the text above is what I imagined happen, though luckily this year I get classes full of friends so we know better and that it will only come back at them.
great pen above and you do need to at least give them credit for having a pair and able to admit it was them and returning as vengeance can be something to fear and can make them not want to return it despite their good-nature
TOO FUNNY! LOL
ReplyDeleteMy stuff always gets stolen too, especially my eraser, but that is because my pencil box is everybody's pensilbox... Everybody who forgot something can go to my pencil box and grab what they need...
Cool blog! Check out mine
I am SO sorry. I am definitely one of those people who just walk away with pens and pencils. I don't do it on purpose. Ten minutes, thirty minutes, three hours later I'm writing with a pen and don't know where it came from...
ReplyDelete@M.j.Y
ReplyDeletehaha wow thanks, glad I filled your pen humour needs
@Shado ah he have it back though, and its actually turned into quite a joke. I'm wondering what will be written on the pen next
@Makita
Thanks, I'll do just that~
@Logan
Haha its ok, I do it from time to time too actually
hahah I loved this post. your wit is so on par : )
ReplyDeleteThank you Kindly
ReplyDelete