Friday, October 16, 2009

Licking The What Now?

Licking the what now?Ok I’ve been a bad little girl, no blogs for a few days, hells bells I haven’t even been able to check the half dozen people I watch. But have no fear, for I am a member of the legion of procrastinators, and we get things done!


…Eventually!

Ok so right now I am at work, obviously working real hard, eh?


It’s Real Estate Folks, and sometimes you have that ‘down time’ where there isn’t anything to do, so instead of playing solitaire, or waving my Iphone around pretending its some sort of light saber I decided to write this blog entry.


I had a list of things I was going to blog about, but me being the amazingly organized person I am accidently wrote on the back of it and chucked it out. No really, I am actually a really organized person, my room is a bit of a mess but dangit, I know where every bauble, knick knack and pez dispenser is in that there spacious room.


Anyway, I have decided to blog about envelopes. Today I had to stick quite a few letters into the envelopes, and me being the idiot I am sat there thinking;


“How do I seal these? Do I…Do I lick them?”


So I proceed to lick a few, now I did this to two, maybe three letters before going “AH Screw this to the bones.”


“No really..there has to be a better way, how do the sales representatives and property managers do this?”


I asked myself, so I grabbed a good ol’ glue stick and started gluing, about five letters down the track I found this tedious and a little messy. So I stopped, and went back to licking a few more.
Now by this time I decided to ask myself what could possibly be done? In the end I ask the lady next to me, “Hey, how do we seal these envelopes?”


She looks up from her computer, and over her glasses at me and asks, “what do you mean?”
Now, she may have thought it bizarre for me to ask how to seal an envelope, but really, I had no clue. So I asked again, “How do we seal these envelopes…so I don’t you know…” I trailed off, hoping I didn’t have to say that I was licking them.


“So you don’t what?” She asked.


I gave a sigh and a gulp and continued, “L-lick them?”


She gave a slight shake of her head and said “You don’t lick them!” Perhaps she gave a slight scoff, or had a mild undertone of bewildered amusement, or perhaps she was ashamed that I didn’t know the following simple fact.


They were self adhesive envelopes.


Whoever invented these things, I love you, contact me so we can elope.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! but I think that person might be dead, I'll google it...
    I'm still looking for the button to follow the blog but sadly I am clueless ;_;
    Oh well, I will continue searching untill I cry myself a river...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaaaha.
    Oh dear.
    That is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol that suckzors, oh well that just lets you avoid any trouble in the future and you have learned something new as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mandarin Kitten, its located to the left on the main page of the blog, just click my banner, and you should be able to see it~

    I'll add a how to for it in my next entry

    @Chrissie
    I really am clueless sometimes X3 glad you thought it was funny.

    @Shado
    Exactly, and now I dont have to put up with tasting the envelopes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Nice, nice. I always hated licking envelopes, they leave the worst aftertaste and I hate to think about whatever glue is on there does to my insides. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. They should make envelope glue that tastes like strawberries.

    They'd make a fortune, and yeah, I always feel a little ill after licking too many envelopes

    ReplyDelete